Friday, February 21, 2014

October - home of my favorite holiday - Halloween

Behold!  A Halloween gel candle!  Did I mention that I LOVE Halloween?  I do.  And this candle is pretty cool too!  It's also pretty eclectic in its trinkets.  A skull, a little witch guy, and something else, I'm not sure what it was (October was like 4 1/2 months ago).  The witch and the mystery guy kinda go together but the skull is totally out of place in this candle.  Maybe this was some kind of homemade candle?  Who knows...

Sticking with the Halloween theme I next chose this witch's hat candle.  It came in a clear plastic box and was marked at a whopping $6.99 from Borders Books.  Who in their right mind would spend THAT MUCH on that tiny candle?  It's not lined with gold!  I know, I burned it down!  Glad I found it at a thrift store for super cheap!
The next candle is so amazingly awesome it really does require a bunch of (but not all of) the 22 pictures that I took of it to be posted.  I have yet to find another candle to match its awesomeness.  I just couldn't wait to burn this one when I found it.  Who gives these things away to thrift stores???  And why???
It's a zombie hand candle!  You can light ALL of the fingers!
The back of the zombie hand!  Yes, the
fingernails are painted purple!
Without the flash you can really see the veins in the hand!
A couple of the fingers were broken.  This
one appears to have a "bone" in it...
Burning the hand makes it "bleed".
Burning also makes the "bones" come out!
This reminds me of Freddy Krueger.
The "bones" from the front of the hand
The "bones" from the back of the hand.
Once Zombie Krueger's hand was sufficiently melted down (and had set off the smoke detectors more than twice) it was time to move on to a less sooty candle.
Little Frankie Stein was the perfect choice.  He came wrapped in plastic and in his own coffin.
Isn't he adorable?!
He wasn't going to last very long because he only had one wick and it was situated in the middle of his abdomen.  Also, because he was a fairly small candle.  I decided that he needed a partner.  The Scaredy Cat was it!
Don't be afraid, little kitty!
They burned brightly together nicely.
Continuing with the Halloween theme the next candle I found was this one:
The embodiment of Halloween, in my opinion.

Here's the other side of the candle.
It's been waiting a while to be burned...
see all the dust?
Here's the aftermath of setting this one on fire...
If you look closely you can see that the outer
walls of the house started to melt down on
every side.  So much for Halloween!
Even though Halloween was a day away I decided to pick a non-Halloween candle to burn next.
Shiny red and twisty.
Time to test out the new candle holder...

It didn't burn like I expected it to.  But I do like
the way those spires were created.

After awhile the spires couldn't support their own weight.
After the pretty red candle I gave in and went back to Halloween.  :)
The ghost doesn't look too sure about this...
Our final candle for the month is...
A hand shaped candle formed in a cookie
cutter.  Talk about unusual.

A Cookie Candle
I have never seen, before or since, a candle molded into a cookie cutter before.  I thought it was very nicely packaged and it smelled really nice while it burned.  If you're wondering if I kept the cookie cutter once I was done burning the candle, I did not. I don't make cookies very often so keeping a cookie cutter was basically pointless.  On to November...

No comments:

Post a Comment