Friday, February 21, 2014

September Burnings

In an effort to recapture the beaches of the summer I burned this lovely gel candle filled with seashells, and driftwood(?).  Gel candles burn pretty fast, it wasn't long until I was on to the next one.
Maybe I should have saved this one for the month of July, seeing as it's kinda patriotic with its white stars on blue background.  In any case it put forth a lovely glow as the wick burned down the middle of the ball.
At some point in the summer the boys found this candle for me at a garage sale.  I thought it was unusual so they bought it for me.  Andrew decided it was time for it to have a stand on the candle holder chopping block.  I do not think the large translucent white blob in the middle of the picture is an orb or some other paranormal entity, although, basing my conclusions on the behavior of my cat I'd say it was just that.  I swear my cat sees things.  Things that really disturb him...  But I digress.  I'm guessing that the "orb" is a reflection of the candle holder thanks to the flash on my phone's camera.




No comments:

Post a Comment