Sunday, October 12, 2014

A skiing polar bear and chocolate truffle

January 6th, 2014
Today I decided to burn an adorable candle of a skiing polar bear.  Here he (or she) is:
Fancy a ski?
He (or she) is really looking intently at something, don't you think?  At any rate, I believe that if polar bears could learn to ski we'd be in real trouble...  The candle wasn't very big so it didn't burn but for a few hours which meant I had to find another candle to burn.  I picked this candy shaped one:
The best part about this candle, besides the fact that it smells like chocolate and looks like candy, is the sticker on the box.  It reads:
Chocolate Scented
CANDLE
BOUGIE
Parfumee au chocolat
not for human consumption
non comestible
Warning stickers have really gone off the deep end these days.  I understand that they're on there for a reason - because some stupid person did what the sticker is saying not to do therefore causing a need for the sticker to be there - but if a human attempted to eat a candy that turned out to be wax, could it really damage that person?  Isn't the wax non-toxic?  And if it isn't, shouldn't I be made aware of that before I set it on fire?  
Anyway, I digress...
It is a cute candle and I found a bunch of them that are made by the same company and come packaged in the same clear, plastic box.  Currently, they're all living together in a drawer labeled "food candles".  Except for this one...


No comments:

Post a Comment