Sunday, October 12, 2014

Avon Gingerbread House

January 1st, 2014
I decided to ring in the New Year with the Avon brand Gingerbread House in the Jesus-loving scent of Frankincense and Myrrh.
I, apparently, bought this candle at the Salvation Army (as evidenced by that purple 2.99 sticker above).  I can't say if I got it half off or not - each week the SA runs a sale on their items based on the color of the price sticker.  But I digress...

This candle is so old there isn't a web address on the label but there's no real markings that indicate its age and I didn't try looking it up online.

While that label says the candle height is 1 1/2 inches, the house itself is much taller.  I'm really hoping I got this one on sale at the SA because 2.99 is way overpriced, otherwise...

Isn't it a cute candle?  I don't think Avon sells candles anymore but then again, I haven't seen an Avon catalogue in forever...
Here's what it looked like when it was lit.  Pay no attention to that ugly plate it's sitting on.  Why is it in a bowl?  That's to keep wax from getting on (and ruining) the carpet that's under the little shelf unit the candle sits on.
And here's a view from above of the spent candle.  It didn't burn very long.

No comments:

Post a Comment