Thursday, October 10, 2013

Addiction?

I may have a problem...  A "collecting" problem...  It's definitely a growing problem...  I love candles.  I mean I LOVE candles.  L-O-V-E them!  But!  I'm also very picky when it comes to my candles.  I don't just love any candles, I do have standards.  The candles I love are unique.  Now, I suppose one could argue that every candle is unique in its own way, and while that may be true, I don't see it that way.

I don't love plain old pillar candles or tapers, or candles that are boring and round.  The candles I love must speak to me.  They have to jump off the shelf at me and say "Here I am!  Love me!"  They have to be oddly shaped, or have things embedded in them (shells, trinkets, treasures, etc).  Sometimes, they can be plain and boring to other people but I'll think they're special, in which case I'll claim them for my own.

You may be asking yourself, isn't she going into debt being a candle "collector"?  And I'll answer, no.  The reason is because I only buy my candles from garage sales, The Salvation Army, and other places where candles come super cheap.

You may also ask yourself, if she's "collecting" all these candles where does she store them?  Aren't they taking over her home?  And, again, I'll answer, no, because while I love my candles, I also love to set them on fire - use them for their intended purpose, if you will.  So, while I may have (probably) hundreds of candles, I'm using them up - albeit, not as fast as I'm collecting them...

No comments:

Post a Comment