Friday, October 11, 2013

Twisty and Ball Candles

At the end of December 2012 I acquired this awesome, if not totally unique, twisty candle from my local Salvation Army.  Isn't it awesome?!



It pretty much looks the same from the front and back (whichever you deem as "front" and "back).  Knowing it stood a good possibility that this candle would drip as it melted, I set it on fire in a bowl.




 Because of its twisty-ness, it burned strangely and the wick seemed to fall over as it burned down. It wasn't a very big candle, so it didn't burn for very long - maybe an hour, maybe a little longer. 












So I decided to burn some other candles along with it.  A pretty white ball candle with designs that reminded me of Christmas (you can see the melted out shell of the snowman candle from my previous post in the background) and another ball candle that the sticker on the bottom of it said it was called a Jerusalem Candle.  I love how it looks like stained glass when the flame shines from within.



No comments:

Post a Comment