Sunday, October 13, 2013

February's Candles

February 2013 started off with (most likely) with the conclusion of the burning of the white pillar candle from January, seeing as I lit it on the 25th and didn't light the next candle
until February 8th...  And it looks like I'm back in the post-Christmas mood.  Or I have a vendetta against a certain present-delivering, chimney using, fat man in a red suit...  Actually, I had a really nice Christmas, it was just time for this Santa-chimney candle to go.  And go it did...
Poor Santa melted down!  Right through his goodie bag AND the chimney!  Moving on, to the next Santa candle...
Looks like this guy might have been based on a foreign Santa - Russian?  French?  Finnish?  I can't tell...but he does have a list. I hope he checks it quickly because it looks like he only lasted two days before I moved on to the next candles.
A lovely matched set of birds.  These candles were coated in a shiny plastic of some kind.  The poor birdies only lasted 4 days before the next set of candles made their way onto the plate of death...
A matching pair of acorns and a piece of cake adorned with fruit.  I'll bet if that cake were real it would be real tasty! Doesn't the base of that acorn candle look like a real acorn cap?  It's not, it's wax, but the makers did a great job of replicating it, I think.  Alas, they only lasted 4 days, like their predecessors...
This Oak leaf candle came along next, and as you can see, it melted straight down, leaving the outer edges of the leaf to fall over and fall off.  This candle only lasted 3 days before I got a hankerin' for something related to one of my favorite sports to watch and my favorite sport to participate in...
 And isn't it just adorable???  By this point in the year, I'm so ready for winter to go away and spring training to start up!  This was a pretty small candle, it didn't even make it an entire day.  My next choice was based on my all-time favorite holiday - Halloween...
Another candle coated in metallic paint that is quite flammable. 
But looks like a real house-fire occurred as it melts down.  Poor kitty all you have left in this world is that stupid, grinning pumpkin...  So sad...  And your fiery death lasted 4 days - that seems to be the going average this month... Interesting...

Next, I picked this Root Beer Float candle.
How do I know it's Root Beer and not just beer with a massive head on it?  Most folks don't drink their beer with a straw...
This candle carried over into March and lasted for an entire week!  Having it housed in an actual glass mug must have helped it to burn more slowly - the same can't be said for that straw though...

No comments:

Post a Comment