Sunday, October 13, 2013

March(ing right along...)

February's Root Beer candle finally burned out during the first week of March and I decided it was high time to consider burning some Easter candles as it was getting to be about that time of the year anyway.  Here's the first one I picked.
A cute little basket of Easter eggs.  When they had melted down to a gooey, unrecognizable mass I moved on to this lovely egg.

I love the way it glowed, especially when the lights were out when it was lit.  Unlike the red metallic present candle from January, this candle was completely wax, even the ribbon and flower.  Continuing the Easter theme, I burned this egg candle next.
By the time that candle met its demise it was mid-March and time for a change.  I hadn't collected (at this point) many candles that were gel encased in a glass receptacle be it a glass, fishbowl, etc.  But the next candle, a gel candle, came in such a cute glass I was hoping to salvage it for future use.
Isn't this the most adorable glass ever?!  I love cats and each one is different!  Eight in all!  The bottom of the candle/glass was filled with sand, so it looked like the kitties were sitting in the sand.  Too bad the glass broke in the process of burning the wick and melting down the gel/wax.  :(  I was so disappointed, I went back to Easter candles and took my frustration/sadness out on Mr. Cottontail here...
Cute as he was, he didn't stand a chance.  Especially his ears!
Waxy "blood" just poured right out of them!  Sorry, Mr. Cottontail.  Moving on, I decided to burn some pie candles.  Buh'bye, cherry pie!
And peach pie!
The final candle for March is an adorable little girl in a bonnet.  This one reminds me of Strawberry Shortcake.
Actually, after looking her up, I'm almost certain this IS a Strawberry Shortcake candle.  It was a candle made for Hallmark stores but I bought it at Salvation Army for, as you can see, $3.99.  Not too shabby considering it's probably from the 1980s.  The label says it was hand crafted in Japan for Hallmark.  I wonder what it cost back in the day...
Here are various views of her, on fire...



 At some point half of her face melted in.  Poor Strawberry.  :(  She met her final demise on the first of April...

No comments:

Post a Comment