Thursday, October 10, 2013

Treasure Candles

I'd have to say that my (nearly) lifelong obsession with things that burn - particularly, candles - began when I found Treasure Candles.

Back in the olden days of the 1980s and 1990s (I think, I had a difficult time finding any information online) there was a company named The Original Treasure Candle Company (eventually acquired in 1997 by GiftStar, Inc.) and they made candles that contained a couple of little trinkets that you'd find as the candle melted down while it burned.  The idea of this, I fell in love with it!  How fun to see what unknown goodies lie inside a hunk of wax, just waiting for me to set it on fire and find them!  That was it, I was hooked!

Throughout my teenage years I owned and melted down many a Treasure Candle.  I had necklaces that had charms I'd found, crystals, little statues, and semi-precious stones, all that I'd fished out of the melted wax and carefully cleaned after removal.

In October of 2012, at a Salvation Army store, I found a Treasure Candle!  Of course I snarfed it up as quickly as I could and took it home to be my first documented candle set aflame (since I'd thought of blogging about my candle obsession)!


Isn't it beautiful?  I love that shade of blue.  And here's an example of a candle people might find as boring and not very unique.  It's all one color, teardrop shaped, and fairly unremarkable, BUT it's a flippin' Treasure Candle and THAT makes up for every other shortcoming this candle has!  Just look at what began to reveal itself as the wax melted away...
Behind the flame there lies...

...a beautiful sun necklace charm!


Melt the Treasure Candle further and we find...


...another necklace charm - a rose quartz heart, and a clear crystal!













This fantastic candle really produced for me!  Too bad it wasn't a Money Candle - yes, that's right, The Original Treasure Candle Company also produced Money Candles, which were exactly what they sounded like - candles with money hidden in them - from $1 to $50!  You never knew what you were gonna get.  I never bought one but if I ever find one out there "in the wild", I'm totally buying it and setting it on fire!

No comments:

Post a Comment